Pro Marine Supplies Tabletop Epoxy
Plastic Sheet or Shower Curtain
Thick Popsicle Sticks
Cork Material Backing with Adhesive
1. Prepare your working area. If you are working on a table covering it will a plastic tablecloth or cheap shower curtain works well. Lay out all of your working materials. Epoxy Resin starts to set up quickly, so you need to make sure that you can work fast. Take this time to use all safety precautions. Put on your rubber gloves and be sure you are working in a well-ventilated area. If you are working with Pro Marine Tabletop Epoxy for the first time, be sure to familiarize yourself the mixing instructions before starting.
2. Choose which color acrylic paints you will be working with and pour each color into a plastic cup. When you use liquid acrylic paint, be sure to use a 1 to 10 ratio. You will want 1 part acrylic paint to 10 parts epoxy resin. A little paint goes a long way, so be sure not to use too much. Using too much paint can also alter the chemical reaction of the resin, causing it to become clumpy and affecting the final cure.
3. Measure and mix your resin according to the instructions. It’s best to mix your batch in a larger mixing cup and pour into each cup of paint.
4. Once your resin is entirely mixed, pour into each cup of acrylic paint, using the 1:10 ratio. Mix the resin and the color slowly using a folding motion. Do not stir vigorously or whip as this can create extra air bubbles.
5. Pour your mixed resin and paint onto your ceramic tiles. You can do this on a flat surface and move them when finished, or you can do it on a surface that will allow the resin and paint mixture to drip off the sides. There is no particular pattern or colors you need to follow, do what you feel and have fun with it…it’s art after all!
6. Use your heat gun to pop any bubbles that have occurred or to move your colors around!
7. After your finished project is cured place the cork adhesive to the bottom of your coaster. This protects your table from being scratched. Let cure for the full 72 hours before placing any items on the coaster, especially extremely cold or hot cups.
8. Enjoy your custom artwork :)