Epoxy Resin Tumbler Tips from our Epoxy Pros
The team at Pro Marine Supplies wants to give a huge THANK YOU to all who submitted ideas for our Tumbler Tips Blog. So, without further ado...
Here are the top 3 Tumbler Tips submitted by our customers:
Tip #1 by Amanda:
1. Make sure the room is kept warm throughout the entire application process and at least 2-3 hours after while on the spinner (I try to keep it around 77/78).
2. Use a clean cup every time (I find even using a silicone bowl that hasn’t been 100% cleaned and dried can cause issues).
3. Equal amounts of A resin and B hardener is a must and slow stirs to prevent air bubbles.
4. I feel a “cuptissourie” is also a must (I can not imagine turning a cup by hand to get an even layer around the whole tumbler)!
5. I will do a quick run over the cup with a handheld heat gun about 20 minutes after application (about 5-8 inches away) if I notice a lot of bubbles. Too much heat and it can get super runny and then not set properly (fisheyes & dimples).
Visit Amanda's Business Facebook Page - Creative Aces By Amanda
Tip #2 by Crystal:
1. Warm part A resin. (I usually set it in front of my space heater while I prepare tumbler)
2. Mix part B hardener into the warmed part A resin.
3. Mix slowly until clear.
4. Apply to tumbler while it is spinning on a turner with a gloved finger from bottom to top rim.
5. Cover evenly all over cup until your finger "slides" effortlessly.
6. After 10 min or so go over cup LIGHTLY with a heat gun on low to pop any micro bubbles remaining.
Tip 3 by Teambrandosdesigns:
1. “Less is more because you can always apply more epoxy” (taking layers off takes so much sanding and sometimes you can’t remove the layers).
2. I use a 2-inch flat silicone paint brush. Get one ASAP because when making Tumblers the more surface you can cover in the evenest way possible, will allow you to accomplish a “million dollar shine” using ProMarine and a silicone brush!
Do you like our interactive blog posts? Let us know if we should collect more content for future blogs from our awesome customers!