Epoxy resin projects cover a wide range of creative and practical endeavors - from artistic creations - to DIY home and boat repair and maintenance tasks. Therefore, the exact list of necessary tools to accomplish a particular project will vary, but the checklist below will get you started.
Here is a list of the main items you may need for your project:
- Epoxy Resin - see below
- Clean Paint/Mixing Sticks
- Graduated Mixing Buckets
- Standard Mixing Cups
- Foam Brush - to spread resin
- Propane Torch - to remove bubbles during curing
- Painter's Tape - to tape off edges
- Disposable Gloves & Eye Protection - Safety First!
- Sandpaper - 222-300 grit
- Drop Cloth/Wax Paper - to protect work surface
- Denatured alcohol or acetone - to clean up tools, etc.
As noted, items will vary depending on your project. See links below for epoxy resin instructions.
Epoxy Resin Options
There are four epoxy resins to choose from - depending upon the task at hand:
- Table Top Epoxy Resin - this self-leveling resin features an easy-to-mix one-to-one ratio of resin to hardener that cures to a crystal-clear hard-shell finish. Perfect for a wide variety of epoxy resin projects from arts and crafts creation - to DIY home repair and maintenance projects. Table Top Epoxy Full Instructional Guide
- ProArt Art Resin - specially formulated viscosity for artisans and crafters intricate work, protects artwork from moisture, corrosion, handling and provides a UV-resistant coating as well. ProArt Epoxy Full Instruction Guide
- ProPour Casting Resin - designed for artisans and crafters creating furnishings like rover tables and encapsulations for paperweights and other memorabilia, casting resin features a bit thinner viscosity for thicker pours. ProPour Epoxy Full Instruction Guide
- Marine Epoxy Resin - bonds with a number of substrates such as wood, fiberglass and fabrics providing superior strength and durability for boating repairs and maintenance. Marine Epoxy Dispensing & Mixing Instructions
No matter the creative or practical project, there's an epoxy resin designed to get the best results! We're here to help during any phase of your task - just Contact Us!