521 Marine Epoxy Resin bonds with fiberglass, metals, wood, and composite fabrics and features superb strength, durability, and moisture resistance. The 521 Epoxy cures to a high-strength solid, suitable for laminating, bonding, fairing, coating, and reinforcing. Self-leveling properties are ideal for coating and laminating. Viscosity is favored for wetting out fiberglass cloth and other reinforcement fabrics easily. Use this versatile epoxy resin with 521 fast or slow hardener to complete a number of boat building, repair, and restoration projects.
- Bonds with fiberglass, reinforcement fabrics, wood, etched aluminum, and bare steel and lead
- Makes a strong filleting or fairing compound or adhesive
- Excellent thin-film characteristics provide smooth flow-out and self-leveling ideal for coating and laminating
- Easy to measure and mix using pre-calibrated 5:1 Epoxy Pumps (included), or by volume
- Easy to apply by brush, roller, syringe, spreader, or by pouring onto wood, fiberglass, reinforcement fabrics, etched aluminum, bare steel, and lead.
- Kit comes with resin, hardener, pumps, and pump calibration instructions.
- 521 Marine Epoxy Resin can be used with our 521 Fast or Slow Hardener, depending upon your application.
- Reinforcement Fabrics
- Etched Aluminum
- Bare Steel
- High-Strength Solid
- Simple Measure & Mix
- Self Leveling
- Cures Amber
- Easily Sand and Shape
Marine Grade Epoxy Versions
521 Fast Hardener
Fast Hardener is a perfect selection for applications requiring
quick working time and for use in cooler climates (recommended use
Minimum recommended temperature (Fast Hardener): 60°F - In cooler
temperatures, the 521 Epoxy Resin/Fast Hardener mixture remains
workable to give you adequate time for application, and it speeds up
The recommended temperature for use and dispensing via pump:
- Pot life @ 70°F: 12 minutes (Fast Hardener)
- Set time @ 70°F (thin film): 6 hours
- Cure time @ 70°F (thin film): 1 to 4 days
- Hardener Color: 521 Fast (Dark Amber)
521 Slow Hardener
Slow Hardener is a perfect selection for applications requiring
more working time and for use in warmer climates (recommended use
Minimum recommended temperature (Slow Hardener): 80°F - Slow
Hardener buys you a little more working time in warmer temperatures
that tend to reduce working time and cure time of epoxy resins.
The recommended temperature for use and dispensing via pump: above
- Pot life @ 80°F: 30 minutes (Slow Hardener)
- Set time @ 80°F (thin film): 10 hours
- Cure time @ 80°F (thin film): 1 to 4 days
- Hardener Color: 521 Slow (Clear-Light Amber)
Compatibility: Pro Marine Supplies 521 Epoxy Resin can be used
interchangeably with 521 Fast or Slow Hardeners.
Always wear protective clothing and equipment to protect your eyes, skin,
and lungs when working with 521 Marine Grade Epoxy Resin and Hardeners.
Personal protective clothing should include appropriate gloves, safety
glasses or goggles, a respirator, and protective clothing.
*Please note: The 521 Marine Epoxy is not meant for clear coating, Table
Top, Counter, or Art Applications. Please see our Table Top Epoxy for
those types of applications.